I did not have anything to eat today in my house, expect for some whole grain crackers and some almonds.
Since it has been raining all day today I did not feel like going to the market and buy something. It was enough for me that I had to go outside and walk my dog :)
So I looked in my fridge and found I have some vegetable left from the other vegan dished I have tried in the last period.
And I improvised and made some zucchini stuffed with vegetables: simple, healthy and tasty.
I succeed to make 4 servings from what I had in my fridge. So for 4 servings you will need the following:
- 4 zucchini
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 parsnips
- 4 tablespoons fresh chopped dill
- 4 big tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons crumb
- salt and pepper
The preparation is simple:
- Wash and peal all the vegetables
- Cut in two the zucchini and take out the core so that you will be able to stuff them with the other vegetables.
- Cut the onion, the carrot and the parsnips in big chunks. Put them in the food processor and chopped them finely.
- In a bowl, put the core of the zucchini, the chopped vegetables, 2 onion chopped finely, the crumb, salt and pepper and two tablespoons of chopped dill. Mix all the ingredients very well.
- With the obtained mix, fill the zucchini. Then cut the other two tomatoes in little cubs and add them over the vegetables mix.
- Put them in the oven for about 25-30 minutes.
Serve the dish garnished with chopped dill.
Image credit: recipe.com