Winter is the season of smoked soups – warm, filling and delicious. So let’s make one with vegetables and smoked pork.
- 3 carrots
- 2 pieces of smoked pork leg
- frozen peas
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 white onion
- 1 bunch of green onion
- 2 tablespoons rice
- 1-2 tablespoons of tomato/pepper paste
- 1 bunch of parsley and one of celery
- Boil the smoked pork in the pressure cooker until is is tender.
- Cut the vegetables into little pieces or if you prefer you can grate them.
- When the pork is cooked, in 2 tablespoons of olive oil saute the vegetables and then add some water from the pressure cooker and let them boil.
- When the vegetables are boiled, add the smoked pork (detached from the bones), 2 tablespoons washed rice and the pea.
- When the soup is almost done add two tablespoons of tomato or pepper paste and the chopped parsley and celery.
- You can sour it with juice from spicy pickled peppers.
Credit image: taste.com.au