Because I’ve previously spoken about my Greek vacation and the traditional Greek Souvlaki which should always be served with looots of Tzatziki sauce, I though of sharing the recipe for this delicious sauce.
You will need:
- 1 big cucumber or 3 small ones
- 2 crushed cloves of garlic
- 200 g Greek yogurt
- 2-3 extra virgin olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves – finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley – finely chopped
- First peal, take the seeds out (optional) and grate the cucumber. Then squeeze it in your hand to drain it. Put it in a paper towel and place in the fridge to allow it to drain even more.
- In a bowl mix the rest of the ingredients.
- Take out of the fridge the cucumber and add it in the bowl then stir everything very well. Place it back in the fridge and allow the Tzatziki to cool before you serve it.
Image credit: lolfoodie