I thought to share with you guys another simple veggies based recipe. Is a great idea for a fast and low fat dinner: tomatoes stuffed with corn.
It involves few ingredients and few work to do and no baking (just a little grilling for the tomatoes), so the veggies will keep their beneficial properties intact.
I made this last night for my boyfriend and it’s mother who came to visit us. Since I don’t eat tomatoes I believed them when they told me the dish is good and tasty :)
So, you will need (for 4 servings):
- 4 big tomatoes
- 2 canned corn
- 200 g cheese
- 100 g Greek yogurt (or cream)
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- fresh parsley
It is simple to prepare them:
- First you need to cut the cover top of the tomatoes and take out the middle of it, carefully so you will not break the tomatoes. Sprinkle a little salt on the tomatoes and put them upside down, on a grill.
- Cut the green bell pepper into little cubs.
- In a bowl mix the yogurt with the cheese and then add the green bell pepper, the corn and some parsley. Mix all of these ingredients and then add some salt.
- Fill the tomatoes with the composition above and keep them for at least 30 minutes in the fridge.
I hope you will make this.
Image credit: marthastewart.com