Another toffee recipe :)
I love toffees as they make me think of Christmas and Christmas is my favorite holiday. Also they are simple to do and few ingredients are needed.
So whenever I feel nostalgic about Christmas I take out a toffee recipe and start cooking :)
You will need:
- 1 and ¼ cup of sugar
- 1 cup of salted butter
- 1 tablespoon of corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 1 cup of chopped milk chocolate or chocolate chips
- 1 cup of almonds (chopped)
Let’s begin cooking: :)
- First you need to melt the butter in a sauce pan.
- Prepare a cookie sheet, or if you do not have one, coat a jelly roll pan with butter
- In the pan were you are melting the butter, add the sugar, the water and the corn syrup and and cook until the composition has a brown caramel color (or as written in the original article a old penny color).
- After the colored wanted is achieved quickly pour it in the prepared pan and leave it a few minutes to solidify. Then sprinkle the chopped chocolate or the chocolate chips on top.
- The heat of the toffee will melt the chocolate and when this happens you need to spread it with a spatula or a spoon.
- Sprinkle the almonds on top and leave it to cool. When it is completely cool break it into pieces.
Simple and delicious, right? :)
For more details , please visit this link were you will find all the ingredients and instructions : thinklovesleepdine