This is really a completely sinful dessert, but it’s worth every bite, especially if you make it as a holiday dessert.
And let’s face it…once in a while we all need a wonderful treat :)
You will need:
- 1 cup of sugar
- ¼ cup of water
- 2 stick of butter (salted butter)
- ½ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- optional you can use walnuts (chopped)
The cooking is simple, the only problem will be that you have to stir a little more than you do for other desserts.
- First you need to melt the butter: together with the water and the sugar put it in a saucepan and heat them at a med/high heat. You need to stir continuously and quickly with a wooden spoon.
- Next you will have to do some more stirring: after the ingredients are melted together, turn to a medium heat and continue stirring for at least 10 minutes.
- The color you are looking for the composition is a brown caramel one, so when it turns caramel alike, take it off the oven and pour it quickly on a cookie sheet.
- After you sprinkle chocolate chips over the toffee and everything is melted over, put the toffee crunchy in the freezer and once is chilled enough you can break it.
For more details , please visit this link were you will find all the ingredients and instructions : eyelikesfood