I like cake, I like spinach so why not try to combined them and make a delicious spinach cake, perfect to serve as an appetizers.
I did it and I enjoy every bite of it.
You will need:
- 200 g cheese
- 500 g spinach leaves
- 150 g flour
- 1 bunch fresh dill
- 3 eggs
- 130 ml warm milk
- 80 ml oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 50 g butter
- salt, pepper and oregano
- Preheat the oven.
- Wash the spinach and parboil it for a few minutes. Leave it to drain and then chop the leaves.
- In a frying pan, melt the butter and then saute for 3-4 minutes the spinach. Add salt and pepper and saute for 2 more minutes.
- In a bowl mix the flour with the baking powder. Add the eggs, one by one, the the oil little by little and the warm milk. Mix everything well until you obtain a dough.
- Chop the dill and add it in the bowl.
- Add the crumbled cheese and the spinach in the same bowl and then mix everything very very well.
- Pour the composition in a cake shape coated with baking pepper. Add on top of it oregano.
- Bake for about 60-70 minutes.
Simple and practical!
Image credit: veggiemixer