This is a very tasty and full of flavors rice recipe. Serbian pilaff is made with lots of vegetables with not only taste good, but also make the dish look full of life and color. You also can make it with chicken but the version presented below is a vegetarian one.
- 200 g rice
- 200 g mushrooms
- 1 carrot
- 1 red onion
- 2 bell peppers (one red and one green)
- 1 l vegetable stock
- 40 ml olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- You either can grate the carrot or finely cut it in small cubs. Cut the bell peppers in small cubs as well.
- Peal and cut the mushrooms in small cubs.
- Peal and finely chop the onion, then heat the olive oil and saute it for about 2 minutes, over medium heat. Use a wok or another big pan you may have.
- Over the onion, add the bell peppers, carrots and mushrooms and saute them from about 5-6 minutes over medium heat, stirring from time to time. After these 5-6 minutes pass, add the washed rice and let everything to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock, salt and pepper. Stir everything well.
- Put the pan into the preheat oven and cook the pilaff for about 40 minutes,
- Serve the dish hot, with fresh chopped parsley on top.
Image credit: gurmandino.ro