Even if it is sweet the beet contain actually less calories that you may thinks: about 170 g of beet have 75 calories. Beside the fact that it is great to eat it if you want to loose weight, eating beet has lots of benefits for you body:
- it helps in the detox process
- it contains potassium and vitamin B9 which helps protect your heart and control your blood pressure
- improves metabolism
- helps at liver detoxification
- combat anemia
- it has an intense and energizing effect of mineralization of the body
And this are just a few of the benefits the beet has.
This salad recipe is based on roasted beet (cooking it this way will allow the beet to check its properties) combined with goat cheese also rich in vitamins (ex vitamin D) and calcium and pomegranate seeds.
The roasted beet salad is perfect for the fall.
You will need:
- 150-200 g goat cheese (keep some for crumble)
- 2 red beets
- 200 grams breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 handful of pomegranate seeds
- ½ pepper
- ½ salt
So few ingredients are needed for this unique and tasty salad.
Now that you know what you need, lets talk about what you need to do to enjoy a bowl/plate of this salad :)
- I need to begin by roasting the beet: Preheat the oven at 190°C and wrap the prepared beets (washed and scrubbed) in foil and roast them until they become tender (about 40 minutes).
- Let them cool and when they are cool enough peel them and then slice them into disks.
- In the 40 minutes the beets are roasting you can cook the goat cheese: in a bowl beat the egg and in another pour the breadcrumbs. Season both the egg and the breadcrumbs.
- Cut the goat cheese into big slices and dip them in the egg and then pass them into the breadcrumbs.
- Fry the coated goat cheese slices, in a frying pan, for about 30 seconds – 1 minute/each side.
- Now the last but one step: assembly. On a plate, put the slices of roasted beet in a circle, put on top the 1-2 slices of goat cheese and then sprinkle some pomegranate seeds.
- The last step: enjoy! :)