Is been a while since I eat meat and I am starting to get familiar with all the vegan or ova-lacto-vegan recipes.
Actually, I am not a big meat lover, I occasionally eat some chicken breast or turkey and maybe once or twice a year veal.
So maybe I could get used with not eating meat (even though I am not sure I want to), but as I said before I am sure I cannot leave without fish or seafood :)
So, back to the vegan dishes: another one will follow – rice with vegetables. Is a classic vegan recipe, easy to make and which will pleasure everyone in the family, I believe even the children since it will be a colorful one :)
You will need (for 4 servings):
- 6 green onions
- 2 bell peppers (one red and one orange)
- 100 g peas
- 200 g boiled corn
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 300 g boiled rice
- 250 ml clear soup
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
It about 25-30 minutes the dish will be ready, but let’s see how to do it:
- First, cut the green onions in bolts and put aside 2 tablespoons of them for garnishing.
- Cut the bell peppers into little cubs.
- At slow fire, in a wok, were you put some olive oil, cook for 1-2 minutes the onion,the bell pepper, the peas and the corn.
- Then add the soup, put a lid over the wok and let everything cook for 5-6 minutes at a slow fire.
- Add the boiled rice (boiled it as said on the package), the salt and the pepper. Stop the oven and leave everything in the covered wok for about 10-12 minutes.
- Serve the rice with vegetables garnished with fresh parsley and bolts of onion.
I presented the dish with the vegetables I used when I prepared it, but you should feel free to add whatever vegetables you like: zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower, etc.
Hope you enjoy it! :)
Image credit: yo-china.com