The lentil is a perfect ingredient for a healthy and highly nutritional meal due to the multiple benefits of lentil, like a high content of protein, iron or dietary fiber.
In the last few years the lentil soup has become well known all around the world and more and more people, even though they are not a vegetarian choose to eat this miracle vegetable.
You will need:
- 2 cups red lentil
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 2 l chicken soup or beef/vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons
- 2 yolks
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons dry mint
- salt and pepper
- Peal the onion and the carrots and then grate them or chop very finely.
- Wash the red lentil around 3 times, with cold water.
- Heat the olive oil in the pan and saute the carrots and onion for about 1-2 minutes, stirring continuously. Add the tomato paste and mix it with the carrots and onion.
- Add the red lentil and the stock, cover the pan and boil everything for about 35-40 minutes, over medium heat, until the lentil is well boiled.
- In a bowl combine the yolks with a little stock or water and after you take the pan away from the heating source add little by little the yolks, stirring gently.
- Add salt and pepper
You can either serve it as it is or you can blend it and serve it as a cream soup.
Either way serve it with dry mint sprinkled on top and lemon aside.
Image credit: ingwervanille.livejournal.com