This refreshing cake is perfect also as a dessert or as a breakfast/brunch – in both cased works wonderful with a cold glass of milk.
You will need:
- seeds from one sweet pomegranate
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ cup of corn/sunflower oil
- 2 big bananas – puree
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- zest from one orange
- minced almonds
- almonds flakes for decoration
- Preheat the oven at 160°C.
- In a bowl, mix the sugar, salt, flour, baking powder combined with lemon juice and orange zest.
- In a different bowl beat the egg, add the banana puree, milk and oil and then pour this mixture over the flour. Mix everything until you obtain a smooth composition.
- Now is time to add the pomegranate seeds and the minced almonds.
- Coat with baking pepper two cake shapes and pour the cake composition in them. Then on top sprinkle some pomegranate seeds and some almonds flakes.
- Put the cake in the oven and bake it for 40-45 minutes.
Image credit: bettycrocker.com