This is a different why to present you pizza, not on a plate but in a glass in form of a cone :). Serve them as a snack when you are hosting a game night, as they are easy to make and everybody will love them..
- refrigerated classic pizza crust (or you can make your one – I prefer making it: you need some flour, water (less then half of the quantity of flour you are using, fresh yeast, one tea spoons sugar, salt and little olive oil – mix all together until you obtain a beautiful pizza dough)
- 1 jar pizza sauce
- you can either use mini meatballs (cooked and frozen) or cooked little cubs of beef
- peperoni slices
- ¾ cup shredded cheese (I used cheddar and Mozzarella)
- 2 chopped green or yellow bell peppers or both
- Preheat the oven at 200°C and prepare paper cones – wrap them with no stick foil.
- Using a rolling pin, spread the dough on the working surface and then cut it into squares – as many as the paper cones you prepared.
- Wrap each square around each cup and press to seal the edges. Place the pizza cones on a baking tray and bake them for about 8-10 minutes, or until they become golden brown. When they are cool enough remove the no stick foil.
- In the bottom of each cone, place ½ of the meatball or beef quantity.
- In a bowl, mix ¾ of the pizza sauce with the pepperoni, bell pepper and the other half of the meatball/beef. Cook this in a pan until everything is hot (in the original recipe it is used the microwave but I am not a fan of it so I prefer not to use it).
- In the pizza cones place the above composition and then top with shredded cheese.
- Serve with the remaining pizza hot, while the pizza cones are still hot.