As I promise you here is another side dish ides for Thanksgiving and not only. The Pancetta Brussels sprouts will work wonderful for any family dinner.
- 1 kg Brussels sprouts
- 100 g chopped into little dices pancetta
- 2 tablespoons vinegar (sherry vinegar)
- 2 diced shallots
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts
- sea salt and fresh grounded pepper
- balsamic glaze
- In a large frying pan, saute the pancetta and shallots, over medium heat, until they are crisp and brown.
- Meanwhile, peal the Brussels sprouts until you have only a pile of single leaves.
- In the frying pan where you cooked the pancetta and shallots, without removing the fat (after you set aside these two ingredients) add the Brussels sprouts leaves, salt, pepper and vinegar and cook over medium heat. Cover the pan, and from time to time stir.
- When the leaves are soft, put back in the pan the pancetta and shallots and toss everything together.
- Season if necessary, garnish with toasted pine nuts and drizzle with the balsamic glaze.