Today I was in the mood for some soup. It began to be cold outside and in the house as well, and it has been raining all day today, so what better way to warm then with a good bowl of soup?
It has been a while since I made an onion soup, so I thought today is the perfect occasion for making one: warm, delicious and fancy French .
I eat my bowl of soup covered in a fluffy blanket and watching for the 100 time “Gone with the wind” :) It was the perfect alone moment! :)
You will need (for 6 servings):
- 1 kg onion
- 1 l strained vegetable soup
- 0,5 l white wine
- 50 ml olive oil
- marjoram powder
- 200 g Swiss cheese
- 6 slices of bread
- salt and pepper
Now that you know all you need to make it, let’s begin cooking the Onion soup.
- Wash and cut the onion julienne style then grind it in the processor mixer.
- In the 4l pan put the olive oil with grind onion. Cook the onion for about 10 minutes (low heat), stirring continuously.
- Over the slow cooked onion, pour the vegetable soup and the white wine and then add the salt, pepper and marjoram. Boil everything for about 10 minutes (low heat) with the lid of the pan on.
- Take the pan from the heat source and leave it covered for another 10 minutes.
I pour some soup in a thermistor bowl, put a slice of toast bread on top and over the toast some grated Swiss cheese.
I’ve put the bowl in a special pan (with a acuterm base), I put the lid and left it for about 5 minutes, at low heat, until the Swiss cheese was melted.
After you stop the oven, leave the bowl in the pan for another 10 minutes, then enjoy this beautiful onion soup!
Image credit: dinnerwithjulie.com