Continuing my series with vegetarian dishes let me introduce to you another special, healthy and wonderful vegan recipe: mushrooms with avocado :)
You will need (for 4 servings):
- 600 g mushrooms
- 2 avocado
- 1 red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 100 ml white wine (or you can use a ladle of vegetable soup);
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- some springs of fresh dill
- 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- salt and pepper
The dish it quite simple to make and will be done in no more than 30 minutes.
- Wash and peal the mushrooms and then cut them in fine strips.
- Cut the avocado in two, take out the seed and then with a soup take out the core and cut it in little cubs.
- Put the mushrooms strips and the avocado cubs into a bowl and sprinkle the juice from one lemon over them.
- Cut the red onion very finely, using a processor mixer.
- In a wok, put some olive oil and then cook the onions for about 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, add the avocado and the mushrooms and cook them for about 2-3 minutes. Now is time to add the wine or the vegetable soup, the salt, pepper, nutmeg and the chopped parsley. All these ingredients needs to be cooked for about 5 minutes at low heat. After you stopped the cooker, leave the wok for more 10 minutes, cover with a lid.
- Serve the dish, garnished with lemon slices and springs of dill.
Image credit: tobiaswungsung.com