You can cook potatoes in so many different ways and this potato soup is a brilliant idea of how to cook potatoes.
It is full of fresh vegetables so if you eat 2 bowls instead of one you shouldn’t feel so guilty about it!
You will need:
- 1 ½ broth or chicken soup
- 1 small cauliflower
- 1 ½ cup of milk (you can use soy milk or almond milk or whatever you like)
- 2 large golden potatoes
- 6 tablespoons of chopped green onion
- ½ cup sour cream
- 4-5 bacon slices
- cheese for topping (shredded)
- salt and pepper
- First you need to cooked and crumbled the bacon slices.
- Then you need to cook the potatoes and you have two possibilities: bake them for an hour in a preheated stove at 180°C or cook them in the microwaves – pierce the potatoes with a fork and microwave for 5 minutes; take out and microwave for another 4 minutes.
- Third, stir the cauliflower in a large pot and after you drained it, in the same pot simmer for 4-5 minutes the cauliflower together with the broth/chicken soup, milk, potatoes, over medium heat.
- Next, you need to obtain the creamy soup you crave for: in a food processor or a blander, process the soup until it becomes smooth.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes the obtained mixture with the sour cream, half of the green onion, salt and pepper.
- Pour the soup into bowls, add the rest of green onion, shredded cheese and crumbled bacon.