Pure health in a plate :)
This soup full of proteins and vitamins and is easy to make, even though you might think is will take some time, due to the fact that you have to let the lentil soak.
- 1 cup lentil
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 cups water
- 1 onion – finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove – finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 200 g fresh chopped spinach
- sea salt and black pepper
- In a saucepan, boil, over medium heat, for about 40 minutes the lentil with water bay leaf, salt and pepper. Stir from time to time.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan, heat the oil and saute the onion with the garlic. Add the spinach, and over low heat, cook everything for about 5 minutes. Cover the pan with a lid.
- Put the spinach and the tomato paste in the sauce pan and leave the soup to boil for another 10 minutes.
Before you serve the soup, take out the bay leave.
You can serve it with toasted whole grain bread.
Credit image: soupchick.com