We can find in any cookbook and any cooking blog recipes made with noodles.
Me as well have been posting about soups or other dishes made with noodles. Is better to do them yourself than to buy a package of noddles.
The homemade noodles remind me of childhood and is like I can see my kitchen table filled with noodles prepared by my mom or grandma. And they definitely taste different – better :)
My mother has taught me how to do them and I will share with you the recipe.
You will need:
- 700 g white flour (or you can use whole grain flour if you want to do whole grain noddles)
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- water or olive oil
- In a bowl put 600 g flour and in the middle of the flour, where you have made a hallow, pour the 3 eggs and on top of them the salt. Leave them for a few minutes until you begin to mix.
- Add some water/olive oil- fill half of eggshell with water for 3 times and then with a fork begin to stir gradually incorporating the flour.
- Continue knead the dough with your hands until it will not be sticky anymore. Cut the dough in 3 pieces and sprinkle flour on the table.
- With a paddle, stretch the dough piece until you obtain a a thin dough sheet. To do this repeat the process 3-4 times and roll over on both sides the sheet few times.
- When you are done with all the pieces, and they have become thin dough sheets, cut them into strips, lengthwise. Leave them to dry of a little bit.
- Roll each one of the strip and cut them as thin as you want your noodles to be, and depending what dish you want to prepare with them.
Your are done! Easy right? :)
Enjoy a true homemade meal!
Image credit: sweetpeaskitchen.wordpress.com