Lately I’ve been posting lots of vegetarian recipes and healthier versions of some classic ones. Well, I believe is time for some calories :D and a great way to begin with something sweet is a classic peanut butter pie. Well, not so classic since the crust is a really special one: made with chocolate covered pretzels :D
Of course there is also presented a classic version ,where the pretzels are replaced with some Oreos or graham crackers. But be bold and try the pretzels version, at least this way the calories will worth it!
You will need:
- ¾ cup melted butter
- 6 cups of crushed pretzels
- 1 cup of milk chocolate chips
- ¼ granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- 250 g of cream cheese (a soft one)
- 2/3 cup of peanut butter
- 2 cups of whipped cream
- 2 cups powdered sugar
Below you can find the instructions for this amazing pie:
- First you need to preheat the oven at about 180 degrees Celsius.
- Start by combining the sugar, butter and crumbs made from the pretzels. Press firmly the resulted composition into a pie pan and it for about 10 minutes. After this 10 minutes, sprinkle some chocolate chips and bake for 5 more minutes. After this 5 minutes the chocolate will be melted and you need to sprinkle it with a spatula or a spoon. Leave it to cool before you fill it.
- Let’s continue with the filling: mix together the cream cheese, the peanut butter, powdered sugar and vanilla. Add 1/2 of the whipped cream and mix it in the composition. After the composition becomes lighter, add the rest of the whipped cream (but save some for the top layer). Pour the resulted cream into the crust and then add a second layer of filling made from the kept whipped cream mixed with 1/2 cup of powdered sugar to sweeten it. Pour over this second layer and then you either can frozen this pie or refrigerate.
Whenever you feel prepared for an amazing and brilliant taste take a piece and enjoy it. :)