The famous French pancakes, Crepes Suzette, make the perfect weekend late breakfast. Serve it together with your love one and it will be even more tasty :)
Fist you need to prepare the crepes. For them you will need:
- 100 ml milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 50 ml water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 pinch salt
- 50 gr white flour
- 1 cub butter
You need to beat the egg, then gently pour the milk and water, stirring continuously. Then add the vanilla essence, salt and oil and at the end at once the flour, stirring vigorously.
Heat a pancake pan, melt the butter and then begin to cook one by one the crepes – around 3 minutes each one.
After you are done with the classic crepes you can continue with the preparation of Crepes Suzette.
You will need:
- 6-8 crepes previously prepared
- 50 g powdered sugar
- 125 g butter
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 1 orange
- 50 ml cognac
- ½ lemon
- Fold the crepes into 4 and leave them aside until you will need them.
- In a blender, mix the grated orange zest, butter and powdered sugar. Also prepare the orange juice.
- In a frying pan, add the previously mixed butter and melt it for 2 minutes. Pass ½ lemon through the pan and take it out, then add the orange juice and boil for 1 minute.
- Now is time to add the crepes in the sauce, one by one. When all the crepes are in the frying pan sprinkle brown sugar on top of them.
- Now is time to flambe: add the liqueur and cognac in the frying pan and light it with a match. Sake the pan to evenly distribute the alcohol through.
- Serve them hot.
Bon appetite! :)
Image credit: recipecaravan.com