I just love Cobb salad salad. The fist time I saw it in a cooking book I fell in love with its colors.
And even though I am not a big fan of American cuisine (and to be honest I do not know much American dishes except for stakes, Buffalo wings or ribs) the Cobb salad my favorite American dish :)
There are different variants for this salad and this one is made with avocado and chicken breast, bacon and blue cheese :)
You will need:
- 2 avocado
- 300 g chicken breast
- 2 tomatoes
- 150 g bacon
- 150 g blue cheese
- ½ bunch parsley
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcester sauce
- 50 ml red whine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 clove of garlic
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
- green salad
- salt and black pepper
- You can either fry the chicken breast or boil it. As well if you have some leftovers from a roast chicken you may use them as well.
- Boil the eggs enough so the yolk will be hard and they will be easy to cut.
- In a frying pan, with no oil added, fry the bacon until you obtain a nice color.
- Cut in cubs the avocado, tomatoes. Also chop the green onion and the parsley and mix this two.
- Cut the cheese, also in little cubs. Keep about 30 g uncut. In the same why cut the bacon, eggs and chicken.
- For the sauce: crush the kept blue cheese, add the grated garlic clove and the mustard and then gently pour the olive oil. Stir continuously. Add the Worcester sauce, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- On a try place a bed made of green salad. On top of the salad place equal rows of the above ingredients so you can create a pleasant visual contrast, then sprinkle 3-4 tablespoons of sauce on top of everything.
Image credit: myrecipes.com