Let’s enjoy another French dish, Boeuf Bourguignon, do delicious that will be a pity not to try.
The name is very sophisticated (it should be since is French) but the dish itself is not.
You will need:
- 1 kg of beef cut into 5 cm cubs
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 170 g bacon
- 1 sliced onion
- 1 sliced carrot
- 1 ½ tablespoons of flour
- 1 ½ cup of red wine
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 250 g mushrooms sauteed in butter
- 5 green onions
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven at 220-230°C. In a frying pan (that you will be able to put in the oven) heat the olive oil and fry the bacon, cut in cubs, until it will become crispy. Put the bacon aside.
- In the same frying pan now you will cook the beef: first dry the beef cubs with a pepper towel and cook them until they are roasted on each side.
- Then, using the same frying pan you need to saute the vegetables (carrot and onion).
- Put the bacon and the beef back in the frying pan, together with the vegetables, season with salt and pepper, sprinkle the flour and put the uncovered pan in the oven for 4 minutes. Then take out the pan, stir the beet and put it back in the oven for another 4 minutes. Take out the pan and adjust the temperature at 160°C.
- Put the pan on the stove, add the beef stock and the red wine, bay lief, thyme, tomato pasta and garlic and boil everything until the boiling point is reached.
- Cover the pan and put it in the oven. Leave it in the oven for 3-3:30 hours, until the meat is tender.
- Meanwhile, let’s cook the green onion and the mushrooms: you need to saute over low heat, the onion in frying pan together with some butter and olive oil. When the onion takes a golden color add a little wine and you need to boil until the wine is reduced. Take aside.
- You need to also saute the mushrooms, cut in slices: in a frying pan, at medium-high heat, together with a tablespoon of butter and little olive oil. Season with some salt and when they are roasted take aside.
- When you serve the dish, add the green onions and the mushrooms at the beef stew.
- As side dish serve some potato puree with green beans.