For those of you who do not know what a chowder is, it is a stew made either with seafood or vegetables and often served with cream or milk.
This one even it looks so sophisticated is extremely easy to make and extremely tasty and full of flavors. And it will taste as better in the second day after preparation, as it will right before you cook it. It seams a lot of ingredients but most of them are just herbs that will emphasize the dish taste.
- 2 diced medium onions
- 1 diced potato
- 3 cups water
- 2 diced stalks of celery
- 1 stick butter
- 2 l milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 500 g white fish
- 500 g shellfish (ex. scallops and lobster or shrimps)
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- In a large pan, melt the butter.
- Add the onions and the celery and saute them just for a few minutes.
- Add the potato and some water (enough to cover the vegetables) and cook until the potatoes are a little tender.
- Add the Tabasco sauce, basil, salt, pepper, paprika and oregano and then layer the white fish and the shellfish on top, add water just to cover everything and cook until the fish barely flakes.
- Now is time to add the cream and then the milk, just enough to fill the pot.Cook until the cream and milk is warm.
- Serve the chowder warm.